1) Pretty much given up on Live Journal here. I've been reading almost daily, but it seems all but about 10 of my 220 friends on here have jumped ship or just given up. I've tried to post here and there, but wasn't able to. The iPhone app is mostly useless. I don't know if I'll continue, but I felt like updating today.
2) Tomorrow is my Birthday. 33. This milestone is prompting the LJ post. This is the first Birthday though that I'm letting pass by relatively un-pomp and circumstanced. I can't remember working on my Birthday before, but I'm working this year. I don't see the point in taking a Thursday off work when I'd go unpaid if I do.
3) Not REALLY a Birthday present to myself, more something I've been needing to do.. I bought a Jeep Wrangler yesterday. It's a 2007 Wrangler X. Automatic, but otherwise very bare bones. I went to my bank last Saturday and got pre-approved for the auto loan, so all I had to do was hand over the check when I went back to the dealership yesterday. Buying the Jeep took about 20 minutes. I had looked at a few others over the past few days, but slimy dealers caused me to walk away. The reason I went for the Wrangler is because I want something rugged enough to handle the rougher winter weather, but small enough that I can park when Bob and I go to event in Denver. So far I'm really happy with how the Wrangler handles, coming from driving an SUV (Ford Explorer).
4) My older Brother Colin bought a Toyota Camry on Friday, and my parents bought an Audi A4 on Sunday. My brother Jeremy said "Screw keeping up with the Jones, it's the Orr's you have to watch out for!" He's in the market for a new car too now that he's a full time employed teacher. It's pretty funny the 3 of us made car purchases in the same week without any pre-planning.
5) Damn, I'm going to miss Summer. It rained for the first time today, and was in the 60's. Colorado broke a record for average high temperate for the month of August. It was in the 90's for most of the month, and I kinda liked it. I'd rather have it be too warm than too cold, and too cold is just around the corner.
6) Work has been really busy. I'm not doing sales any more though. That sucked. I hated it, and I just wasn't any good at it. I've gone back to doing production. It's a lot more challenging, especially project management when it is busy. I like deadlines. I like producing a quality product. When I was doing sales, the production quality was out of my hands, and I was often disappointed in the output of the girl who replaced me in production. In one case, I lost a customer because of a production screw up I would never have let happen. It's too bad production management in printing doesn't pay great, but it's OK for now. I'm just happy to be working full time, and right now, even getting overtime. Election season is around the corner, and that's bringing work in.