I did not have a bonfire this weekend.
We had planned to have a bonfire this weekend.
Last Monday and Tuesday, red flag warnings were in place. It was hot and dry, so no fires allowed. We saw rain on the calendar for Wednesday, which sounded good. A little bit of rain to abait the problem, and we'd be dry and ready to go for a bonfire on Saturday. We even picked up a keg of Sierra Nevada last weekend.
Shoot to Tuesday night, and the rains came. It rained from Tuesday night to Thursday night, 3" in 48 hours, saturating the grounds and turning our backyard into a mudpit. The forecast called for continued rain into Saturday, so we cancelled the bonfire.
We're all set for a fire once the weather turns nicer again, but we're glad we didn't have one this weekend, although it would have been nice if the conditions were right. So much for a month of planning.